The ASD(R&E) Strategic GuidanceTechnological superiority has been central to the strategy of the Department of Defense (DoD) for the past Century. Learn more here.
R&E Enterprise News
- DARPA Virtual Lab Advances DoD's Ability to Test Critical Microelectronics
- Historic Leap: Navy Shipboard Laser Operates in Persian Gulf
- Air Force funds more research on camera for airborne surveillance
- The Department’s Long-Range Research and Development Plan
- AF funds thermal management research
- NRL Scientists Discover Novel Metamaterial Properties within Hexagonal Boron Nitride
Science & Technology Corner
Read about featured R&E projects and initiatives here
Scientist of the Quarter
Learn about the DoD Scientist of the Quarter and their research
Defense Innovation Marketplace
The Defense Innovation Marketplace is an opportunity for the industrial base to showcase their technology projects to DoD customers.
ASD(R&E) provides science and technology leadership throughout the Department of Defense to meet tomorrow's challenges.
To safeguard our Nation's security, the DoD has a long history of supporting Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) initiatives at local, regional, and national levels.