Defense Contingency Contracting Handbook
Welcome to the Defense Contingency Contracting (DCC) Handbook Website. This website is designed to provide essential information, tools, and training for DoD Contingency Contracting Officers (CCOs) to meet the challenges they may face, regardless of the mission or environment.
You can read the Handbook or browse the 1,000+ additional resources that are compiled here. View the handbook brochure for a quick overview (PDF 3.6 MB).
Read the Handbook
- Chapter 1 - Ethics
- Chapter 2 - Authorities and Structure
- Chapter 3 - Contingency Funding
- Chapter 4 - Planning and Guidance
- Chapter 5 - Contracting Processes
- Chapter 6 - Contract Administration
- Chapter 7 - Protests and Appeals
- Chapter 8 - Cultural Awareness
- Chapter 9 - Domestic Emergency Response
- Additional Web-Only Material
- Critical Checklists
Using this website
In addition to hosting the Handbook, this website contains more than 1,000 related resources, including checklists, trainings, role-based scenarios, guides, games, tools, policies, forms, templates, and weblinks to other resources.
These resources are organized in two ways: by type of resource (e.g., training, checklists) and by topic (e.g., protests, ethics). For example, if you are looking for training related to Chapter 1 on ethics, simply click on the Training section and browse the trainings under Chapter 1. You can also click on the Topical Index section and click on the Ethics page.
For more information about how to use this website, read Appendix 1 of the Handbook.