If adequate controls are in place to meet the requirements of the clause at 252.242-7004, Material Management and Accounting System, the contractor's material control system may physically commingle inventories that may include materials for which costs are charged or allocated to fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, and commercial contracts. Government-furnished material (GFM) may not be physically commingled with other material, nor may GFM be used on contractor's commercial work.
(a) The contractor may use DD Form 1342, DoD Property Record, as a source document for setting up prescribed records.
The contractor shall prepare a DD Form 1342 in accordance with instructions contained in AR 700-43/NAVSUP PUB 5009/AFM 78-9/DLAM 4215.1, Management of Defense-Owned Industrial Plant Equipment (IPE)-
(1) Upon receipt and acceptance of each item of IPE including items which, though part of a manufacturing system, would otherwise qualify as IPE;
(2) Whenever major changes occur in the data initially submitted to Defense Supply Center Richmond (DSCR) (as specified by DLAM 4215.1);
(3) When IPE, including general purpose components of special test equipment which otherwise qualify as IPE, is no longer required for the purpose authorized or provided; or
(4) When disposal is completed.
(a) Use the clause at 252.245-7001, Reports of Government Property, in all solicitations and contracts containing one of the following clauses-
(1) FAR 52.245-2, Government Property (Fixed-Price Contracts);
(2) FAR 52.245-5, Government Property (Cost Reimbursement, Time-and-Material, or Labor-Hour Contracts;
(3) FAR 52.245-7, Government Property (Consolidated Facilities);
(4) FAR 52.245-10, Government Property (Facilities Acquisition); or
(5) FAR 52.245-11, Government Property (Facilities Use).