|Go to DFARS Change Notices, to view the details of the changes to this subpart.|
SUBPART 247.2--CONTRACTS FOR TRANSPORTATION
OR FOR TRANSPORTATION-RELATED SERVICES
(Revised August 17, 2000)
247.200 Scope of subpart.
This subpart does not apply to the operation of vessels owned by, or bareboat chartered by, the Government.
247.206 Preparation of solicitations and contracts.
(ii) Provider availability; and
(iii) Commitment of transportation assets to readiness support (e.g., Civil Reserve Air Fleet and Voluntary Intermodal Sealift Agreement).
247.270-1 Scope of section.
This section contains procedures unique to stevedoring. Other portions of the FAR and DFARS dealing with service contracting also apply to stevedoring contracts.
(2) Computed by dividing the hourly stevedoring gang cost by the estimated number of tons of the specified commodity that can be handled in one hour.
(2) Payments for workmen's compensation, social security taxes, unemployment insurance, taxes, liability and property damage insurance, general and administrative expenses, and profit.
(2) Breaking out and discharging of cargo from any space in the vessel to an agreed point of rest dockside or in a lighter.
(b) When including rail car, truck, or intermodal equipment loading and unloading, or other dock and terminal work under a stevedoring contract, include these requirements as separate items of work.
(b) Labor-hour rates that apply to services not covered by commodity rates, or to work performed under hardship conditions; and
(c) Rates for equipment rental.
(b) Estimated cost at labor-hour rates; and
(c) Cost of equipment rental.
(b) 252.247-7001, Price Adjustment, when using sealed bidding.
(c) 252.247-7002, Revision of Prices, when using negotiation.
(d) 252.247-7004, Indefinite Quantities--Fixed Charges, when the contract is an indefinite-quantity type and will provide for the payment of fixed charges.
(e) 252.247-7005, Indefinite Quantities--No Fixed Charges, when the contract is an indefinite-quantity type and will not provide for the payment of fixed charges.
(f) 252.247-7006, Removal of Contractor's Employees, in all solicitations and contracts.
(g) 252.247-7007, Liability and Insurance, in all solicitations and contracts.
247.271-1 Scope of section.
This section contains procedures unique to the preparation of personal property for shipment or storage, and for the performance of intra-area or intra-city movement. Other portions of the FAR and DFARS dealing with service contracting also apply to these services.
(ii) Performance of intra-area movement.
(3) Provide for option years.
(4) Award contracts, or exercise option years, before November 1 of each year, if possible.
(2) Each schedule may provide for the same or different areas of performance. Determine the areas as follows-
(B) Size of overall area; and
(C) The need to service isolated areas of high population density.
(2) Ensure that the Government's minimum acceptable daily capability-
(ii) Will encourage maximum participation of small business concerns as offerors.
(2) The Commander, Military Traffic Management Command (MTMC), must designate the contracting activity when local commanders are unable to reach agreement.
(2) Additional services are those not specified in the bid items.
(B) Waiting time;
(C) Special packaging; and
(D) Stuffing or unstuffing of sea van containers.
(C) Inventorying; and
(D) Removal of debris.
(iv) The contracting officer may obtain additional services by-
(B) Using simplified acquisition procedures.
(vi) The contracting officer must authorize the contractor to perform any additional services, other than attempted pick up or delivery, regardless of the contracting method.
(vii) To the maximum extent possible, identify additional services required that are incidental to an order before placing the order; or, when applicable, during the premove survey.
(2) In the European and Pacific areas, personal property shipping activities must send the copy to either the Property Directorate, MTMC Europe, or the MTMC Field Office-Pacific.
(3) Other overseas personal property shipping activities must send the copy to the Commander, Military Traffic Management Command, ATTN: MTPP-Q, 5611 Columbia Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041-5050.
(b) The provision at 252.247-7009, Award.
(c) In solicitations and resulting contracts, the schedules contained in DoD 4500.9-R, Defense Transportation Regulation, Part IV, as provided by the installation personal property shipping office.
(2) Within Schedules I (Outbound) and II (Inbound), item numbers are reserved to permit inclusion of additional items as required by local conditions.
(3) Overseas activities, except those in Alaska and Hawaii, may modify the schedules when necessary to conform with local trade practices, laws, and regulations.
(4) All generic terminology, schedule, and item numbers in proper sequence must follow those contained in the basic format.
(5) When it is in the Government's best interest to have both outbound and inbound services within a given area of performance furnished by the same contractor, modify the schedule format to combine both services in a single schedule. However, items must follow the same sequential order as in the basic format.
(6) Process any modification of schedule format, other than those authorized in paragraphs (c)(1) through (5) of this subsection, as a request for deviation to the Commander, MTMC.
(e) The clause at 252.247-7011, Period of Contract. When the period of performance is less than a calendar year, modify the clause to indicate the beginning and ending dates. However, the contract period must not end later than December 31 of the year in which the contract is awarded.
(f) In addition to designating each ordering activity, as required by the clause at FAR 52.216-18, Ordering, identify by name or position title the individuals authorized to place orders for each activity. When provisions are made for placing oral orders in accordance with FAR 16.505(a)(4), document the oral orders in accordance with department or agency instructions.
(g) The clause at 252.247-7012, Ordering Limitation.
(h) The clause at 252.247-7013, Contract Areas of Performance.
(i) The clause at 252.247-7014, Demurrage.
(j) When using the clause at FAR 52.216-21, Requirements, see 216.506(d) which prescribes an alternate to the clause.
(k) The clause at 252.247-7016, Contractor Liability for Loss and Damage.
(l) The clause at 252.247-7017, Erroneous Shipments.
(m) The clause at 252.247-7018, Subcontracting.
(n) The clause at 252.247-7019, Drayage.
(o) The clause at 252.247-7020, Additional Services.
(p) The clauses at FAR 52.247-8, Estimated Weight or Quantities Not Guaranteed, and FAR 52.247-13, Accessorial Services--Moving Contracts.