|Go to DFARS Change Notices, to view the details of the changes to this subpart.|
SUBPART 204.70--UNIFORM PROCUREMENT
INSTRUMENT IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS
(Revised March 16, 2000)
This subpart prescribes policies and procedures for assigning numbers to all solicitations, contracts, and related instruments. This subpart-
(b) Is optional for solicitations and contracts that will be completely administered by the purchasing office or the consignee, except that-
(2) The number shall begin with the purchasing office identifier and the fiscal year in accordance with 204.7003(a)(1) and (2) and Appendix G.
(b) Retain the basic PII number unchanged for the life of the instrument.
(2) Do not use the letter "I" or "O".
(c) Enter the basic PII number, including Federal supply contract numbers and any supplementary numbers, in the spaces provided on the solicitation, contract, or related instrument forms. Separate the major elements by dashes, e.g., N00023-90-D-0009. If there is no space provided on the form, enter the number in the upper right corner of the form and identify what it is (e.g., Supplementary Number N00023-90-F-0120).
|(A)||Department of the Army||DA|
|(B)||Department of the Navy (except Marine Corps)||N|
|(C)||Department of the Air Force||F|
|(D)||Defense Information Systems Agency||DCA|
|(E)||Defense Logistics Agency||S|
|(F)||Defense Threat Reduction Agency||DTRA|
|(G)||National Imagery and Mapping Agency||NMA|
|(H)||Miscellaneous Defense Activities||MDA|
|(J)||Ballistic Missile Defense Organization||HQ0006
|(K)||Defense Commissary Agency||DECA|
|(L)||United States Special Operations Command||USZA|
|(M)||Defense Microelectronics Activity||DMEA|
(3) Position 9. Indicate the type of instrument by entering one of the following upper case letters in position nine-
|(i)||Blanket purchase agreements||A|
|(ii)||Invitations for bids||B|
|(iii)||Contracts of all types except indefinite delivery contracts, facilities contracts, sales contracts, and contracts placed with or through other Government departments or agencies or against contracts placed by such departments or agencies outside the DoD||C|
|(iv)||Indefinite delivery contracts||D|
|(vi)||Contracting actions placed with or through other Government departments or agencies or against contracts placed by such departments or agencies outside the DoD (including actions with the National Industries for the Blind (NIB), the National Industries for the Severely Handicapped (NISH), and the Federal Prison Industries (UNICOR))||F|
|(vii)||Basic ordering agreements||G|
|(viii)||Agreements, including basic agreements and loan agreements, but excluding basic purchasing agreements, basic ordering agreements, and leases||H|
|(ix)||Do not use||I|
|(xi)||Short form research contract||K|
|(xiii)||Purchase orders--manual (assign W when numbering capacity of M is exhausted during the fiscal year)||M|
|(xiv)||Notice of intent to purchase||N|
|(xv)||Do not use||O|
|(xvi)||Purchase order--automated (assign V when numbering capacity of P is exhausted during a fiscal year)||P|
|(xvii)||Request for quotation--manual||Q|
|(xviii)||Request for proposal||R|
|(xx)||Request for quotation--automated (assign U when numbering capacity of T is exhausted during a fiscal year)||T|
|(xxiv)||Reserved for departmental use||X|
|(xxvi)||Reserved for departmental use||Z|
|1-6||Identification of department/agency office|
|7-8||Last two digits of the fiscal year in which the PII number is assigned|
|9||Type of instrument|
|10-13||Four position serial number|
(2) Modifications to contracts and agreements, including provisioned item orders; and
(3) Calls or orders under contracts, basic ordering agreements, or blanket purchase agreements, issued by the contracting office or by a DoD activity other than the contracting office, including DoD orders against Federal supply schedules.
(c) Modifications to contracts and agreements.
(2) Position 1. Identify the office issuing the modification-
|(i)||Contract administration office||A|
(ii) Use S, and only S, in the second position to identify modifications issued to provide initial or amended shipping instructions when-
(B) The price changes.
(B) The price does not change.
A0001 - A9999
and so on to
H0001 - H9999
J0001 - J9999
R0001 - R9999
AA001 - HZ999
JA001 - JZ999
RA001 - RZ999
(6) Each office authorized to issue modifications shall assign the supplementary identification numbers in sequence. Do not assign the numbers until it has been determined that a modification is to be issued.
(2) Orders placed against another activity's contract or agreement.
(2) Modifications to a call or order issued by a contract administration office begin with 1A, 1B, and so on through 9Z, followed by A1, A2, and so on to A9, then AA, AB, and so on through AZ.