(1) “A-E” means architect-engineer.
(2) “Construction activity” means an activity at any organizational level of the DoD that—
(i) Is responsible for the architectural, engineering, and other related technical aspects of the planning, design, and construction of facilities; and
(ii) Receives its technical guidance from the Army Office of the Chief of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, or Air Force Directorate of Civil Engineering.
(3) “Marshallese firm” is defined in the provision at 252.236-7012, Military Construction on Kwajalein Atoll--Evaluation Preference.
(4) “Network analysis system” means recognized scheduling systems that show the duration, sequential relationship, and interdependence of various work activities, e.g., critical path method.
(5) “United States firm” is defined in the provisions at 252.236-7010, Overseas Military Construction--Preference for United States Firms, and 252.236-7011, Overseas Architect-Engineer Services--Restriction to United States Firms.