SUBPART 232.70—ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING OF PAYMENT REQUESTS
(Added March 01, 2003)
This subpart prescribes policies and procedures for submitting and processing payment requests in electronic form to comply with 10 U.S.C. 2227.
“Electronic form” and “payment request,” as used in this subpart, are defined in the clause at 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests.
(a) Contractors shall submit payment requests in electronic form, except for--
(1) Purchases paid for with a Governmentwide commercial purchase card;
(2) Awards made to foreign vendors for work
performed outside the
(3) Classified contracts or purchases (see FAR 4.401) when electronic submission and processing of payment requests could compromise the safeguarding of classified information or national security;
(4) Contracts awarded by deployed contracting officers in the course of military operations, including, but not limited to, contingency operations as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101(a)(13) or humanitarian or peacekeeping operations as defined in 10 U.S.C. 2302(7), or contracts awarded by contracting officers in the conduct of emergency operations, such as responses to natural disasters or national or civil emergencies;
(5) Purchases to support unusual or compelling needs of the type described in FAR 6.302-2; and
(6) Cases where--
(i) The contractor is unable to submit, or DoD is unable to receive, a payment request in electronic form; and
(ii) The contracting officer, the payment office, and the contractor mutually agree to an alternative method.
(b) DoD officials receiving payment requests in electronic form shall process the payment requests in electronic form. Any supporting documentation necessary for payment, such as receiving reports, contracts, contract modifications, and required certifications, also shall be processed in electronic form.
(a) The accepted electronic forms for transmission are--
(1) Wide Area WorkFlow-Receipt and Acceptance (see website – https://rmb.ogden.disa.mil);
(2) Web Invoicing System (see website – https://ecweb.dfas.mil); and
(3) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X.12 electronic data interchange (EDI) formats (see website – http://www.X12.org for information on EDI formats; see website – http://www.dfas.mil/ecedi for EDI implementation guides).
(b) If the payment office and the contract administration office concur, the contracting officer may authorize a contractor to submit a payment request using an electronic form other than those listed in paragraph (a) of this section.
232.7004 Contract clause.