225.7402 Contractor personnel supporting a force deployed outside the
225.7402-3 Government support
225.7402-4 Contract clauses
225.7403 Antiterrorism/force protection
225.7403-2 Contract clause
(b) For work performed in
225.7402 Contractor personnel supporting a force deployed
This section applies to contracts requiring
contractor personnel to deploy with or otherwise provide support in the theater
of operations to
(a) Contingency operations;
(b) Humanitarian or peacekeeping operations; or
(c) Other military operations or exercises designated by the combatant commander.
“Combatant commander” and “theater of operations,” as used in this section, have the meaning given in the clause at 252.225-7040, Contractor Personnel Supporting a Force Deployed Outside the United States.
225.7402-3 Government support.
(a) Government support that may be authorized or required for contractor personnel performing in a theater of operations may include, but is not limited to, the types of support listed in PGI 225.7402-3(a).(Pop-up Window or PGI Viewer Mode)
(b) The contracting officer shall—
(1) Ensure that the contract contains valid terms, approved by the combatant commander, that specify the responsible party, if a party other than the combatant commander is responsible for providing protection to the contractor personnel performing in the theater of operations as specified in 225.7402-1;
(2) Specify in the terms of the contract, if
medical or dental care is authorized beyond the standard specified in paragraph
(c)(2)(i) of the clause at
252.225-7040, Contractor Personnel Supporting a Force Deployed Outside the
(3) Provide direction to the contractor, if the contractor is required to reimburse the Government for medical treatment or transportation of contractor personnel to a selected civilian facility in accordance with paragraph (c)(2)(ii) of the clause at 252.225-7040; and
(4) Specify in the contract the exact support to be authorized or required if the Government authorizes or requires contractor personnel to use any other Government-provided support.
(c) Contractor personnel must have a letter of authorization (LOA) issued by a contracting officer in order to process through a deployment center or to travel to, from, or within the theater of operations. The LOA also will identify any additional authorizations, privileges, or Government support that the contractor personnel are entitled to under the contract. For a sample LOA, see PGI 225.7402-3(c).(Pop-up Window or PGI Viewer Mode)
225.7402-4 Contract clauses.
(a) Use the clause at 252.225-7040, Contractor
Personnel Supporting a Force Deployed Outside the United States, in
solicitations and contracts when contract performance requires that contractor
personnel be available to deploy with or otherwise provide support in the
theater of operations to
(1) Contingency operations;
(2) Humanitarian or peacekeeping operations; or
(3) Other military operations or exercises designated by the combatant commander.
225.7403 Antiterrorism/force protection.
Information and guidance pertaining to DoD antiterrorism/force protection policy for contracts that
require performance or travel outside the
225.7403-2 Contract clause.
Use the clause at
252.225-7043, Antiterrorism/Force Protection Policy for Defense Contractors Outside the United States, in solicitations and contracts
that require performance or travel outside the
(a) Foreign governments;
(b) Representatives of foreign governments; or
(c) Foreign corporations wholly owned by foreign governments.