SUBPART 232.70—ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING OF PAYMENT REQUESTS AND RECEIVING REPORTS
(Revised March 3, 2008)
This subpart prescribes policies and procedures for submitting and processing payment requests in electronic form to comply with 10 U.S.C. 2227.
“Electronic form” and “payment request,” as used in this subpart, are defined in the clause at 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests.
(a) Contractors shall submit payment requests and receiving reports in electronic form, except for—
(1) Purchases paid for with a Governmentwide commercial purchase card;
Awards made to foreign vendors for work performed outside the
(3) Classified contracts or purchases when electronic submission and processing of payment requests could compromise the safeguarding of classified information or national security;
(4) Contracts awarded by deployed contracting officers in the course of military operations, including, but not limited to, contingency operations as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101(a)(13) or humanitarian or peacekeeping operations as defined in 10 U.S.C. 2302(8), or contracts awarded by contracting officers in the conduct of emergency operations, such as responses to natural disasters or national or civil emergencies;
(5) Purchases to support unusual or compelling needs of the type described in FAR 6.302-2;
(6) Cases in which DoD is unable to receive payment requests or provide acceptance in electronic form; or
(7) Cases in which the contracting officer administering the contract for payment has determined, in writing, that electronic submission would be unduly burdensome to the contractor.
(b) DoD officials receiving payment requests in electronic form shall process the payment requests in electronic form. Any supporting documentation necessary for payment, such as receiving reports, contracts, contract modifications, and required certifications, also shall be processed in electronic form. Scanned documents are acceptable for processing supporting documentation other than receiving reports and other forms of acceptance.
(c) When payment requests and receiving reports will not be submitted in electronic form—
(1) Payment requests and receiving reports shall be submitted by facsimile or conventional mail. The contracting officer shall consult with the payment office and the contract administration office regarding the method of payment request to be used; and
(2) Section G of the contract shall specify the method of payment request.
(a) The accepted electronic form for submission of payment requests and receiving reports is Wide Area WorkFlow (see website – https://wawf.eb.mil/).
(b) If the payment office and the contract administration office concur, the contracting officer may authorize a contractor to submit a payment request and receiving report using an electronic form other than Wide Area WorkFlow. However, with this authorization, the contractor and the contracting officer shall agree to a plan, which shall include a timeline, specifying when the contractor will transfer to Wide Area WorkFlow.
(c) For payment of commercial transportation services provided under a Government rate tender or a contract for transportation services, the use of a DoD-approved electronic third party payment system or other exempted vendor payment/invoicing system (e.g., PowerTrack, Transportation Financial Management System, and Cargo and Billing System) is permitted.
232.7004 Contract clause.