(Revised March 21, 2006)(See DFARS 208.4 , DFARS/PGI view)
(1) Posting of a request for quotations on the General Services Administration's electronic quote system, "e-Buy" (www.gsaAdvantage.gov), is one medium for providing fair notice to all contractors as required by DFARS 208.405-70(c)(2).
(2) Single and multiple blanket purchase agreements (BPAs) may be established under Federal Supply Schedules (see FAR 8.405-3) if the contracting officer--
(i) Follows the procedures in DFARS 208.405-70(b) and (c); and
(ii)(A) For a single BPA, defines the individual tasks to be performed; or
(B) For multiple BPAs, forwards the statement of work and the selection criteria to all multiple BPA holders before placing orders.
PGI 208.406 Ordering activity responsibilities.
(1) When ordering from schedules, ordering offices-
(i) May use DD Form 1155, Order for Supplies or Services, to place orders for-
(A) Commercial items at or below the simplified acquisition threshold; and
(B) Other than commercial items at any dollar value (see PGI 213.307);
(ii) Shall use SF 1449, Solicitation/Contract/Order for Commercial Items, to place orders for commercial items exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold (see FAR 12.204); and
(iii) May use SF 1449 to place orders for other than commercial items at any dollar value.
(2) Schedule orders may be placed orally if-
(i) The contractor agrees to furnish a delivery ticket for each shipment under the order (in the number of copies required by the ordering office). The ticket must include the-
(A) Contract number;
(B) Order number under the contract;
(C) Date of order;
(D) Name and title of person placing the order;
(E) Itemized listing of supplies or services furnished; and
(F) Date of delivery or shipment; and
(ii) Invoicing procedures are agreed upon. Optional methods of submitting invoices for payment are permitted, such as-
(A) An individual invoice with a receipted copy of the delivery ticket;
(B) A summarized monthly invoice covering all oral orders made during the month, with receipted copies of the delivery tickets (this option is preferred if there are many oral orders); or
(C) A contracting officer statement that the Government has received the supplies.
(3) For purchases where cash payment is an advantage, the use of imprest funds in accordance with DFARS 213.305 is authorized when-
(i) The order does not exceed the threshold at FAR 13.305-3(a); and
(ii) The contractor agrees to the procedure.
(4) If permitted under the schedule contract, use of the Governmentwide commercial purchase card--
(i) Is mandatory for placement of orders valued at or below the micro-purchase threshold; and
(ii) Is optional for placement of orders valued above the micro-purchase threshold.