(Added July 11, 2006)
(See DFARS 208.71, DFARS/PGI view)
(1) Departments and agencies shall not claim reimbursement for administrative costs incident to acquisitions for NASA, unless agreed otherwise prior to the time the services are performed.
(2) When contracting or performing field service functions for NASA, departments and agencies—
(i) Will use their own methods, except when otherwise required by the terms of the agreement; and
(ii) Normally will use their own funds and will not cite NASA funds on any defense obligation or payment document.
(1) NASA will use NASA Form 523, NASA-Defense Purchase Request, to request acquisition of supplies or services.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (4) of this subsection, departments and agencies will respond within 30 days to a NASA purchase request by forwarding DD Form 448-2, Acceptance of MIPR. Forward each DD Form 448-2 in quadruplicate and indicate action status as well as the name and address of the DoD acquisition activity for future use by the NASA initiator.
(3) To the extent feasible, all documents related to the NASA action will reference the NASA-Defense Purchase Request number and the item number when appropriate.
(4) Departments and agencies are not required to accept NASA-Defense Purchase Requests for common-use standard stock items that the supplying department has on hand or on order for prompt delivery at published prices.
When a department or agency determines that the estimated total price (Block 6F, NASA Form 523) for NASA items is not sufficient to cover the required reimbursement, or is in excess of the amount required, the department/agency will forward a request for amendment to the NASA originating office. Indicate in the request a specific dollar amount, rather than a percentage, and include justification for any upward adjustment requested. Upon approval of a request, NASA will forward an amendment of its purchase request to the contracting activity.
Departments and agencies will submit SF 1080, Voucher for Transferring Funds, billings to the NASA office designated in Block 9 of the NASA-Defense Purchase Request, except where agreements provide that reimbursement is not required. Departments and agencies will support billings in the same manner as billings between departments and agencies.