Acquisition Career Opportunities
Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) encourages civil servants and military professionals to pursue acquisition career paths in support of Federal and Defense Agencies. We offer opportunities for continuing education and career development in acquisition including training through the Defense Acquisition University (DAU), professional conferences and travel both domestic and abroad.
Affiliation in the Armed Services is not required - there are many civilian job opportunities (as well as military) within the Department of Defense.
- Intern: New to the acquisition career field; offers rapid career advancement to Journeyman level.
- Journeyman: An experienced professional in the acquisition career field.
- Executive/Supervisor: Senior Executive Service (SES) and Supervisory.
Acquisition skills (see Acquisition Career Fields) are needed in all career paths including:
- Business, Cost Estimating & Financial Management
- Contracting/Purchasing/Procurement (contracting 1102 job series)
- Facilities Engineering
- Industrial/Contract Property Management
- Information Technology
- Life Cycle Logistics
- Production, Quality & Manufacturing
- Program Management
- Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering - Science and Technology Manager
- Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Test & Evaluation
Thank you for your interest in a career with the DoD. We look forward to your assistance in helping to preserve our nation's freedom through your enthusiastic service to our country. If you have any problems regarding this site, or any suggestions to improve it, please contact the webmaster.