Clause Logic Service (CLS)https://clauselogic.altess.army.mil
The Clause Logic Service (CLS) is a web service designed to aid in the procurement process within the Department of Defense and other federal agencies. The primary function of this service is to allow for consistent inclusion of provisions and clauses into procurement documents. The goal of CLS is to improve the integrity of contracts developed by providing a centralized, web based, intelligent business logic clause-generating service for Defense Contract Writing Systems (CWS).
- Increase communication between the authoritative source of FAR & DFARS case managers and practitioners.
- Improve efficiency of the end-to-end clause logic management life cycle
- Achieve efficiencies by reducing overall DoD costs for developing and maintaining clause logic across CWSs.
Clause Logic Service Components
- The user interface allows a user to create new procurement documents, enter information specific to the document, and retrieve a list of clauses applicable to the document.
- The admin interface is used to manage the various library resources used by CLS. These include Regulations, Prescriptions, Clauses, Rules, Indicators and Values.
- The RESTful APIs allow CWS to integrate with CLS. CWS will use APIs keys to create procurement documents, provide information about procurement documents, and retrieve a list of applicable clauses for the documents.
Easy To Use Web Interface
CLS can be launched directly from the CWS or can be accessed from a web browser. The Graphical User Interface of CLS is easy to use and navigates the user through the procurement document creation process. The user will answer questions about the procurement document and the rules engine will determine the appropriate provisions and/or clauses that are applicable.
Clause Logic Service Guidebook: Coming Soon
Department of Defense Clause Logic Service Policy Information
Memorandum: Mandatory Implementation of Defense-Wide Contract Clause Logic Service (CLS): http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/policy/policyvault/USA001481-13-DPAP.pdf
Department of Defense Deployment
To enable increased efficiency, lower costs, and increase consistency and accuracy of clause selection in contracts, the CLS shall be implemented incrementally with selected contracted writing systems and be mandatory for all Defense agencies. The current version of the CLS is V2.2. Compliance with CLS will be routinely monitored.
Frequently Asked Questions