Common Data Submission Errors
The following list of errors are the most common concatenated UII errors found in new procurement UII data sent to the IUID Registry. Detailed instructions on creating the concatenated UII are found in the guide Tips on Constructing the UII Version 7:
- When UID Type is UID Construct 1 or UID Construct 2, the Issuing Agency Code should be reported as part of the UII, but is omitted.
- Same UII is reported for all items in a single submission or across multiple submissions though the pedigree data is different for each item. Some confuse "item" with "line item" and therefore use the same UII for all the items in a submission.
- Text Element Identifiers (TEIs) or other physical UID markings (including syntax codes) are erroneously included in the UII. For example, "17V" is placed before the Enterprise Identifier, "1P" before Original Part Number, and "S" before Serial Number.
- Only the Original Part Number or the Serial Number is used as the UII instead of the full UII.
- When UID Type is UID Construct 1 or UID Construct 2, the UII contains a value that is not related to any of the pedigree fields.
- When UID Type is UID Construct 1 or UID Construct 2, the UII or other pedigree fields contain typos such as omitting preceding zeros from the Serial Number pedigree value or from the UII but not from both.
- UII submitted when parts are not marked and there is no UII marking requirement on the procurement contract.
- When UID Type is UID Construct 1 or UID Construct 2, the UII contains a forward slash (/) or a dash (-) as a separator of the individual data components.
- Acquisition Cost value is zero.
- UID Type designated as "Other". There should not be any UII at this time with the UID Type as "Other".
- Unintentional change to the UID Type of a given item to a value other than the one originally intended (made by rotating the wheel on a mouse while the Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) UID Type field is selected).
- Original Part Number and Current Part Number have the same value. Both are provided only if the values differ.
- Items of GFP reported by a subcontractor under the subcontract number instead of the custodial prime contract.
- Invalid Ship-to or Acceptance Codes.
- Invalid Contract Numbers.