Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy
June 27 to July 1, 2016
- Training designed to improve the tradecraft in the acquisition of services.
- Facilitated case-study break-out sessions
- Government Leaders in Services Acquisition discussing an array of services topics
- Includes Senior Service Manager Panels, Requirements/Contracting Officials, Functional Domain Experts
Members of the DPAP Services Acquisition Team honored at the Under Secretary of Defense for
Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Awards Ceremony.
Mr. Ken Brennan welcomes participants to the Southbridge Services Acquisition Training held from 7 -11 December 2015.
Southbridge Services Acquisition Training participants tackling one of three acquisition case studies.
Col. Jim DeLong briefing an audience at the National Contract Management Association World Congress in Dallas, TX.
Services Acquisition Functional Integrated Product Team members, April 2015 meeting.
Services Acquisition Functional Integrated Product Team support staff noting action items from April 2015 meeting.
Ken Brennan, Director, Services Acquisition, leads Services Acquisition Functional Integrated Product Team April 2015 meeting.
Strategic Sourcing Executive Committee Meeting (SSEC) Quarterly Meeting, February 2015, hosted by Mr. Harry
Hallock, Army DASA (Procurement) with guest speaker Mr. Ken Brennan, Deputy Director, Services Acquisition.
Services Acquisition was briefed as a special area of emphasis to the JFEC, June 2014
Services Acquisition Functional Integrated Product Team Working Group members edit new website, Oct 2014
The Pentagon NCMA Chapter President presents Director, Services Acquisition, Ken Brennan,
with a certificate for speaking on services acquisitions at the NCMA January 2015 meeting.
Services Training Partnership with Ft. Lee - ALU;
DPAP Services may provide DAWDF funds for approved non-DAWIA students TDY
Mr. Kenneth M. Brennan
Deputy Director, Services Acquisition
Mr. Ken Brennan is currently the Deputy Director for Services Acquisition in the office of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy. Since May 2013 he has been responsible for the technical and programmatic evaluation and functional oversight of all aspects of Department of Defense (DOD) services acquisition. Read More>>
The new instruction:
- Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures for defining, assessing, reviewing, and validating requirements for the acquisition of services.
- Establishes a simplified and flexible management framework for translating services requirements into stable, efficient, and effective acquisitions.
- Authorizes services Decision Authorities consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements for the acquisitions of services, to tailor the procedures in this instruction to best achieve cost, schedule, and performance objectives.
- Incorporates and cancels Enclosure 9 of DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.02.
This new instruction applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this instruction as the “DoD Components”).
The enclosures in this instruction provide additional policy and procedures that will support the services acquisition process and planning. The Instruction is approved for public release and available on the Internet from the DoD Issuances Website at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/.