October is Energy Action Month!
DoD 2016 Energy Action Month Activities
October is National Energy Action Month (EAM), and showcases a national effort to underscore how critical energy is to our national prosperity, security, and environmental well-being. In commemoration of National Energy Action Month, the DoD is hosting a month of energy events and activities.
- President Obama's Energy Action Month Proclamation (PDF, 89.5KB)
- SECDEF Kick-off Memo (PDF, 259KB)
- USD(AT&L) Kick-off Memo (PDF, 360KB)
- Microgrids Webinar
- October 13, 2016; Available at two times - 11AM ET or 5PM ET
- Sandia National Labs will provide an overview of the emerging application of advanced energy microgrids to support critical mission assurance more efficiently and cost effectively at fixed military installations, contingency bases, and operational bases.
The webinar will cover issues such as:
- Emerging energy assurance requirements and metrics related to mission and operational success;
- Energy and information technology improvements in the past decade that are enabling the enhanced use of distributed generation and renewable energy resources;
- Emerging energy metrics, such as security, reliability, resiliency, and safety that can be more easily met using advanced microgrids; and
- Examples of the analysis, use, and benefits of advanced microgrids in both fixed military installations and operational applications.
- The webinar has been developed as an initiative of the Department of Energy-Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding, and will be followed in the future with
additional opportunities to learn about and be trained in utilizing new advanced microgrid design and analysis tools to enhance energy system designs that better support critical mission
assurance at all types of DoD sites.
- To RSVP for the webinar or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Energy (DOE) Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) Live Training - Creating Effective Organizational Change: A Five-Step Framework for Incorporating Sustainability into Organizations
- October 19, 2016; 9AM ET; Baltimore, MD
- Interactive workshop assists participants in moving beyond individual models of behavior change toward creating organizational change to achieve sustainability goals and maintain achievements over time. Our five-step framework for organizational change walks program designers through developing and implementing an action plan that is grounded in organizational change theory.
- DOE FEMP Webinar - Just in Time Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) Webinar, Session 3: Crossing the Finish Line to Award
- October 27, 2016; 1PM ET
- Webinar features experienced ESPC team members in a live question-and-answer period following a live or prerecorded webinar. Session 3 of a three-session webinar series can help Federal agencies meet Presidential Performance Contracting Challenge milestones for evaluating proposals and negotiating and awarding high-quality, on-time ESPC task orders.
- This session is intended for individuals who are responsible for evaluating price proposals and contract negotiations and award, and those who participate in management reviews and approvals.
- Service Events:
- Other Activities
Other resources include: