Pacific Beacon, located at Naval Base San Diego, formerly called the 32nd Street Naval Station, consists of three 18-story towers with 941 furnished apartments.
Real Estate and Installation Management
Guidance and Policy Documents
- 32 CFR Parts 174, 175, and 176: Revitalizing Base Closure Communities and Addressing Impacts of Realignment (PDF, 125KB)
- Base Redevelopment and Realignment Manual (BRRM), DoD 4165.66-M (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Executive Order 13327, Federal Real Property Asset Management, (PDF, 232KB)
- DoD Directive 4000.01, Installation Management, (PDF, 140KB)
- DoD Directive 4165.6, Real Property, (PDF, 74KB)
- Land Acquisition and Leasing of Office Space in the US
Memorandum from the Secretary of Defense, November 17, 2002 (PDF, 94KB)
- Implementation of the Rural Development Act of 1972
Memorandum from the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (I&E), February 21, 2003 (PDF, 29KB)
- Congressional Service Constituent Offices on Military Installations
Memorandum from the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (I&E), December 4, 2000 (PDF, 68KB)
The offices of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Installations and Environment) and the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Readiness) are working cooperatively to integrate DoD installations and installation assets into the Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS). When completed, this effort will provide for seamless assessment of installation missions and readiness on DoD warfighting capabilities, and assist leaders and installation managers in resource allocation decisions.