LOGISTICS HUMAN CAPITAL
The DoD Logistics HCS was launched in 2006 with a broad assessment of key trends driving future logistics requirements through 2020.
During 2007 and 2008, the effort grew in scope and participation — the Executive Steering Group (ESG) and Working Group (WG) were established, comprising senior leaders and logisticians from across the Services, agencies, and CCMDs.
The major accomplishments are:
- Completion of a DoD Human Capital Strategy outlining the vision, enabling pillars, and path forward.
- Identification, definition, validation, and socialization of Enterprise-wide Logistics technical competencies and proficiencies
- Collection of workforce demographics for both civilian and military members of the Logistics functional community;
- Completion of a Training and Education Review which provides a representative collection of the training, education, and development assignments — from DoD, industry, and private sources — available to Logisticians.
- Completion of a Training and Education Review, which provides a representative collection of the training, education, and development assignments — from DoD, industry, and private sources — available to Logisticians.
Comprehensive list of Certification Resources for logisticians.
Since 2009 the emphasis shifted to implementation. The Logistics Functional community has worked closely with OSD (Personnel & Readiness) on an enterprise competency management program.
>>Click here to return to the SCI PROGRAMS page.