Plans & Performance
What Our Goals Are and How Well We Are Performing
In order to fulfill our strategic goals and mission, we seek out opportunities and strategic activities to increase small business dollars competitively awarded by DoD military departments and agencies. These statistical tables and reports show our goals and demonstrate how well we are performing.
- Small Business Program Goals
- Small Business Program Performance History
- DoD Scorecard from the Small Business Administration for FY 2009
- DoD Scorecard from the Small Business Administration for FY 2010
- DoD Scorecard from the Small Business Administration for FY 2011
Where the DoD Spends Its Money
Due to its size and scope, the Department of Defense does not have a consolidated picture of what its future procurements (purchases of goods and/or services) will be. Procurements are made locally and within the various services and agencies. Business Intelligence, relative to future procurement planning, is gathered at the local level.
For the purposes of forecasting, knowledge of past behavior is useful. The following tables shows where the DoD spent its money (contract obligations) in FY09 and FY10 summarized by NAICS code. The FY09 data has not yet been validated, so these are not official numbers, but they are close to what the final numbers will be.