For Native American businesses, there are two primary requirements that must be met in order to participate in the Indian Incentive Program:
1. 51% Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian Ownership
- Indian ownership of the subcontractor or supplier cannot constitute less than 51% of the enterprise.
- DFARS 252.226-7001
2. Federally Recognized Tribal Enrollment
- Native American: The subcontractor or supplier must be owned by a federally recognized [PDF] tribe or a member of a federally recognized tribe.
- Native Alaskan: The subcontractor or supplier must be owned by a "native", "native village" or "native group" (including corporations organized by Kenai, Juneau, Sitka, and Kodiak) as defined by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
- Native Hawaiian: The owner of the Native Hawaiian-Owned subcontractor or supplier must be a recognized Native Hawaiian as defined by 23 USC 4221(9).