Items of Interest
- SBIR 2014.3 Solicitation and STTR 2014.B Solicitation are in pre-release. The solicitations are open to proposal submission. The solicitations will close to proposal submission on October 22, 2014 at 6:00 AM ET.
- SBA Reauthorization Implementation Policy – Congress has reauthorized the SBIR/STTR Programs through September 30, 2017. While this Reauthorization contains many changes, all DoD SBIR/STTR Programs will continue to follow the current SBIR and STTR Policy Directives (unless otherwise noted in the SBA Implementation Policy) until new policy directives are released by the SBA and the DoD develops policy to implement any changes.
- Senate SB chair Landrieu delivers National SBIR/STTR Conference keynote address.
- The SBA has performed a series of improvements to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall SBIR program. Together, these improvements represent a new and improved SBIR, or as the SBA is calling it, "SBIR 2.0". More information can be found here.
- SBA published in the Federal Register proposed amendments to the SBIR Program to raise the SBIR Phase I award threshold amount from $100,000 to $150,000, and the Phase II award threshold amount from $750,000 to $1,000,000.