Welcome to DASD, Rapid Fielding
- CTO Portal (BIDS)
- January 2014 JCTD Course Announced
- JCTD Templates
- RRTO Templates
- Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
Attention: January JCTD course has been postponed to 4-6 March 2014
Rapid Reaction Technology Office
Partners with DoD offices, other government agencies, industry and academia in order to break the terrorist/insurgency cycle.
Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations
Exploits mature and maturing technologies and introduces operational concepts to solve important military problems and facilitates transition.
Comparative Technology Office
Administers the Defense Acquisition Challenge (DAC) and Foreign Comparative Testing (FCT) programs.
Message from the DASD, Rapid FieldingThe Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Rapid Fielding (ODASD(RF)) was established in September 2009. As the DASD for Rapid Fielding, I am honored to assist in fulfilling the ever-emerging rapid fielding needs of the Department. Our mission is to identify, develop, demonstrate, assess and rapidly field innovative concepts and technologies that supply critical capabilities to meet time-sensitive operational needs.
Looking ahead, Rapid Fielding will primarily focus on the following strategic priority topics to be responsive to current and emergent needs:
Project Power Despite Anti-Access / Area Denial Challenges
- Maintain the ability to project power in areas in which our access and freedom to operate are challenged.
Defend the Homeland and Provide Support to Civil Authorities
- Defend U.S. territory from direct attack by state and non-state actors. Come to the assistance of domestic civil authorities in the event such defense fails or in case of natural disasters.
Counter Terrorism and Irregular Warfare
- Disrupt, dismantle, and defeat designated terrorist organizations and their affiliates, keeping them under constant pressure. Remain vigilant to threats posed by terrorist organizations.
Build Partnership Security Capacity
- Pursue new partnerships with a growing number of nations, including those in Africa and Latin America, whose interests and viewpoints are merging into a common vision of freedom, stability, and prosperity.
Operational Energy Demands
- Enhance the energy security of military operations by reducing demand, increasing the efficiency of energy use, diversifying energy sources, and protecting access to energy supplies.