The Office of Strategic and Tactical Systems (S&TS) provides portfolio management, technical and programmatic evaluation, and functional oversight for Department of Defense strategic and tactical programs in support of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L) and the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition.
- Principal advisor and lead AT&L office accountable for oversight and insight of strategic and tactical acquisition programs and portfolios
- Leads the Overarching Integrated Product Team (OIPT) in the Defense Acquisition Board (DAB) process, ensuring requirements are met, issues are resolved or potential ways ahead identified, and decisions are clearly articulated for AT&L
- Ensures programs are treaty compliant
- Coordinates AT&L Homeland Defense efforts
- Oversees the program management functional area, including policy formulation, the development and implementation of initiatives to improve the qualifications and abilities of program managers
- Manages the DoD Joint Ground Robotics, NATO Allied Ground Surveillance (AGS), and Conventional Prompt Global Strike (CPGS) projects