|Go to DFARS Change Notices, to view the details of the changes to this subpart.|
SUBPART 206.2--FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION
AFTER EXCLUSION OF SOURCES
(Revised October 01, 1998)
206.202 Establishing or maintaining alternative sources.
(b) The determination and findings (D&F) and the documentation supporting the D&F must identify the source to be excluded from the contract action.
(B) The circumstances which make it necessary to exclude the particular source from the contract action, including-
(2) The current annual requirement and projected needs for the supplies or services;
(D) The potential effect of exclusion on the excluded source in terms of loss of capability to furnish the supplies or services in the future;
(E) When FAR 6.202(a)(1) is the authority, the basis for-
(2) The determination of reduced overall costs. Include, as a minimum, a discussion of start-up costs, facility costs, duplicative administration costs, economic order quantities, and life cycle cost considerations; and
(2) A comparison of current production capacity with that necessary to meet mobilization requirements;
(3) An analysis of the risks of relying on the present source; and
(4) A projection of the time required for a new source to acquire the necessary facilities and achieve the production capacity necessary to meet mobilization requirements.
|In accordance with 10 U.S.C. 2304(b)(1), it is my determination that the following contract action may be awarded using full and open competition after exclusion of ____________________*:|
|The exclusion of _____________________*|
|Alternate 1: will increase or maintain competition for this requirement and is expected to result in a reduction of $__________ in overall costs for the present and future acquisition of these supplies or services. (Describe how estimate was derived.)|
|Alternate 2: is in the interest of national defense because it will result in having a supplier available for furnishing these supplies or services in case of a national emergency or industrial mobilization. (Explain circumstances requiring exclusion of source.)|
|Alternate 3: is in the interest of national defense because it will result in establishment or maintenance of an essential engineering, research or development capability to be provided by an educational or other nonprofit institution or a federally funded research and development center. (Explain circumstances requiring exclusion of source.)|
|* Identify source being excluded.|