(Revised October 01, 2001)
Contract administration services performed outside the United States should be performed in accordance with FAR 42.301 unless there are no policies and procedures covering a given situation. In this case, coordinate proposed actions with the appropriate U.S. country teams or commanders of unified and specified commands.
242.302 Contract administration functions.
(a)(4) Also, review and evaluate—
(A) Contractor estimating systems (see FAR 15.407-5); and
(B) Contractor material management and accounting systems under Subpart 242.72.
(7) See 242.7503 for ACO responsibilities with regard to receipt of an audit report identifying significant accounting system or related internal control deficiencies.
(9) For additional contract administration functions related to IR&D/B&P projects performed by major contractors, see 242.771-3(a).
(13)(A) Do not delegate the responsibility to make payments to the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
(B) For contracts assigned to DCMA for contract administration, designate as the payment office—
(1) The cognizant Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) payment office as specified in the Federal Directory of Contract Administration Services Components (available via the Internet at http://home.dcma.mil/casbook/casbook.htm), for contracts funded with DoD funds;
(2) The department or agency payment office, if authorized by defense financial management regulations or if the contract is funded with non-DoD funds; or
(3) Multiple payment offices under paragraphs (a)(13)(B)(1) and (2) of this section, if the contract is funded with both DoD and non-DoD funds.
(C) For contracts not assigned to DCMA, select a payment office or offices under department/agency procedures. DoD personnel may use the DFAS Reference Tool, available via the Internet at http://referencetool.dfas.mil, to identify cognizant DFAS payment offices.
(19) Also negotiate and issue contract modifications reducing contract prices in connection with the provisions of paragraph (c) of the clause at FAR 52.225-8, Duty-Free Entry.
(33) Also perform industrial readiness and mobilization production planning field surveys and negotiate schedules.
(39) See 223.370 for safety requirements on contracts for ammunition and explosives.
(41) DCMA has responsibility for reviewing earned value management system (EVMS) plans and verifying initial and continuing contractor compliance with DoD EVMS criteria.
(67) Also support program offices and buying activities in precontractual efforts leading to a solicitation or award.
(S-70) Serve as the single point of contact for all Single Process Initiative (SPI) Management Council activities. The ACO shall negotiate and execute facilitywide class modifications and agreements for SPI processes, when authorized by the affected components.
(b)(S-70) Issue, negotiate and execute orders under basic ordering agreements for overhaul, maintenance and repair.