SUBPART 232.70—ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING OF PAYMENT REQUESTS
(Revised March 27, 2007)
This subpart prescribes policies and procedures for submitting and processing payment requests in electronic form to comply with 10 U.S.C. 2227.
“Electronic form” and “payment request,” as used in this subpart, are defined in the clause at 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests.
(a) Contractors shall submit payment requests in electronic form, except for--
(1) Purchases paid for with a Governmentwide commercial purchase card;
Awards made to foreign vendors for work performed outside the
(3) Classified contracts or purchases when electronic submission and processing of payment requests could compromise the safeguarding of classified information or national security;
(4) Contracts awarded by deployed contracting officers in the course of military operations, including, but not limited to, contingency operations as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101(a)(13) or humanitarian or peacekeeping operations as defined in 10 U.S.C. 2302(8), or contracts awarded by contracting officers in the conduct of emergency operations, such as responses to natural disasters or national or civil emergencies;
(5) Purchases to support unusual or compelling needs of the type described in FAR 6.302-2;
(6) Cases in which DoD is unable to receive payment requests in electronic form; or
(7) Cases in which the contracting officer administering the contract for payment has determined, in writing, that electronic submission would be unduly burdensome to the contractor.
(b) DoD officials receiving payment requests in electronic form shall process the payment requests in electronic form. Any supporting documentation necessary for payment, such as receiving reports, contracts, contract modifications, and required certifications, also shall be processed in electronic form. Scanned documents are acceptable forms for processing supporting documentation.
(c) When payment requests will not be submitted in electronic form—
(1) Payment requests shall be submitted by facsimile or conventional mail. The contracting officer shall consult with the payment office and the contract administration office regarding the method of payment request to be used; and
(2) Section G of the contract shall specify the method of payment request.
(a) The accepted electronic forms for transmission are--
(1) Wide Area WorkFlow-Receipt and Acceptance (see website – https://wawf.eb.mil);
(2) Web Invoicing System (see website – https://ecweb.dfas.mil); and
(3) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X.12 electronic data interchange (EDI) formats (see website – http://www.X12.org for information on EDI formats; see website – http://www.dod.mil/dfas/contractorpay/electroniccommerce.html for EDI implementation guides).
(b) If the payment office and the contract administration office concur, the contracting officer may authorize a contractor to submit a payment request using an electronic form other than those listed in paragraph (a) of this section.
232.7004 Contract clause.