As prescribed in 249.501-70, use the following clause:
SPECIAL TERMINATION COSTS (DEC 1991)
(a) Definition. “Special termination costs,” as used in this clause, means only costs in the following categories as defined in Part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)—
(1) Severance pay, as provided in FAR 31.205-6(g);
(2) Reasonable costs continuing after termination, as provided in FAR 31.205-42(b);
(3) Settlement of expenses, as provided in FAR 31.205-42(g);
(4) Costs of return of field service personnel from sites, as provided in FAR 31.205-35 and FAR 31.205-46(c); and
(5) Costs in paragraphs (a)(1), (2), (3), and (4) of this clause to which subcontractors may be entitled in the event of termination.
(b) Notwithstanding the Limitation of Cost/Limitation of Funds clause of this contract, the Contractor shall not include in its estimate of costs incurred or to be incurred, any amount for special termination costs to which the Contractor may be entitled in the event this contract is terminated for the convenience of the Government.
(c) The Contractor agrees to perform this contract in such a manner that the Contractor's claim for special termination costs will not exceed $________. The Government shall have no obligation to pay the Contractor any amount for the special termination costs in excess of this amount.
(d) In the event of termination for the convenience of the Government, this clause shall not be construed as affecting the allowability of special termination costs in any manner other than limiting the maximum amount of the costs payable by the Government.
(e) This clause shall remain in full force and effect until this contract is fully funded.
(End of clause)
252.249-7002 Notification of Anticipated Contract Termination or Reduction.
As prescribed in 249.7003(c), use the following clause:
NOTIFICATION OF ANTICIPATED CONTRACT TERMINATION OR REDUCTION
“Major defense program” means a program that is carried out to produce or acquire a major system (as defined in 10 U.S.C. 2302(5)) (see also DoD 5000.2-R, Mandatory Procedures for Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAPs) and Major Automated Information System (MAIS) Acquisition Programs.
“Substantial reduction” means a reduction of 25 percent or more in the total dollar value of funds obligated by the contract.
(b) Section 1372 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994 (Pub. L. 103-160) and Section 824 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1997 (Pub. L. 104-201) are intended to help establish benefit eligibility under the Job Training Partnership Act (29 U.S.C. 1661 and 1662) for employees of DoD contractors and subcontractors adversely affected by contract terminations or substantial reductions under major defense programs.
(c) Notice to employees and state and local officials. Within 2 weeks after the Contracting Officer notifies the Contractor that contract funding will be terminated or substantially reduced, the Contractor shall provide notice of such anticipated termination or reduction to—
(1) Each employee representative of the Contractor’s employees whose work is directly related to the defense contract; or
(2) If there is no such representative, each such employee;
(3) The State dislocated worker unit or office described in section 311(b)(2) of the Job Training Partnership Act (29 U.S.C. 1661(b)(2)); and
(4) The chief elected official of the unit of general local government within which the adverse effect may occur.
(d) Notice to subcontractors. Not later than 60 days after the Contractor receives the Contracting Officer’s notice of the anticipated termination or reduction, the Contractor shall—
(1) Provide notice of the anticipated termination or reduction to each first-tier subcontractor with a subcontract of $550,000 or more; and
(2) Require that each such subcontractor—
(i) Provide notice to each of its subcontractors with a subcontract of $100,000 or more; and
(ii) Impose a similar notice and flowdown requirement to subcontractors with subcontracts of $100,000 or more.
(e) The notice provided an employee under paragraph (c) of this clause shall have the same effect as a notice of termination to the employee for the purposes of determining whether such employee is eligible for training, adjustment assistance, and employment services under section 325 or 325A of the Job Training Partnership Act (29 U.S.C. 1662d, 1662d-1). If the Contractor has specified that the anticipated contract termination or reduction is not likely to result in plant closure or mass layoff, as defined in 29 U.S.C. 2101, the employee shall be eligible only for services under section 314(b) and paragraphs (1) through (14), (16), and (18) of section 314(c) of the Job Training Partnership Act (29 U.S.C. 1661c(b) and paragraphs (1) through (14), (16), and (18) of section 1661c(c)).
(End of clause)