The Director, Acquisition Resources and Analysis (ARA) provides resource management, analyses, and information for major defense acquisition program decision-makers and leads AT&L’s execution of the Defense Acquisition System. The Director, ARA also serves as the Executive Secretary to the Defense Acquisition Board; oversees the Defense Acquisition Executive System (DAES); manages AT&L’s participation in the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBE); and is responsible for the timely and accurate submission to Congress of Selected Acquisition Reports and Unit Cost Reports for Major Defense Acquisition Programs.
Director, Acquisition Resources and Analysis is responsible for the following:
- Provides integrated analytical support on acquisition resources and long-range investment planning issues in both the acquisition system review process and the PPBE; identifies and defines current and long range acquisition planning issues where useful precedents do not exist; and, provides detailed analysis and extensive interaction within OSD, the Joint Staff, the Military Departments, and other government agencies.
- Provides customer-focused services to key leaders in the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the defense acquisition, technology and logistics community on legislative activities; to include Congressional hearings, proposed legislation, positions on AT&L matters to Congress, Congressional inquiries, reports to Congress, GAO/IG reviews, and foreign scientist waivers.
- Develops policy and procedures to meet the goals of the Department’s Business Transformation efforts, with particular emphasis on the Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) Act requirement for a clean audit opinion in regard to the property and equipment portion of the balance sheet line item titled “property, plant, and equipment;” and on the investments in the Weapon System Lifecycle Management core business management area.
- Manages the OSD Studies Program, providing resources to enable analysis and contractor support for the Department’s senior leadership and provides policy and management support to the Department’s Federally Funded Research and Development Center and University Affiliated Research Center Programs.
- Provides AT&L leadership, the Services, and Components with timely access to accurate, authoritative and reliable data supporting acquisition reporting, oversight, analysis, and decision-making
- Provides AT&L’s core internal missions areas with operations and technology support services to ensure the timely and efficient performance of the DoD acquisition community.
- Conducts special projects as directed by the USD(AT&L).