(Revised November 5, 2014)
(a) Applies to contracts
for mortuary services (the care of remains) for military personnel within the
(b) May be used as
guidance in areas outside the
237.7001 Method of acquisition.
(a) Requirements type contract. By agreement among the military activities, one activity in each geographical area will contract for the estimated requirements for the care of remains for all military activities in the area. Use a requirements type contract (see FAR 16.503) when the estimated annual requirements for the activities in the area are ten or more.
(b) Purchase order. Where no contract exists, use DD Form 1155, Order for Supplies or Services, to obtain mortuary services.
237.7002 Area of performance and distribution of contracts.
(a) Defining the geographical area to be covered by the contract; and
(b) Distributing copies of the contract.
237.7003 Solicitation provisions and contract clauses.
(a) Use the basic or the alternate of the provision at 252.237-7002, Award to Single Offeror, in solicitations and contracts for mortuary services.
(1) Use the basic provision in all sealed bid solicitations for mortuary services.
(2) Use the alternate I provision in all negotiated solicitations for mortuary services.
(b) Use the following clauses in all mortuary service solicitations and contracts, except do not use the clauses at 252.237-7004, Area of Performance, in solicitations or contracts that include port of entry requirements:
(1) 252.237-7003, Requirements, (insert activities authorized to place orders in paragraph (e) of the clause).
(2) 252.237-7004, Area of Performance.
(3) 252.237-7005, Performance and Delivery.
(4) 252.237-7006, Subcontracting.
(5) 252.237-7007, Termination for Default.
(6) 252.237-7008, Group Interment.
(7) 252.237-7009, Permits.
(8) 252.237-7011, Preparation History.
(c) Use the clause at FAR 52.245-1, Government Property, with its Alternate I, in solicitations and contracts that include port of entry requirements.