(Revised April 20, 2015)(See DFARS 208.4 , DFARS/PGI view)
PGI 208.405-6 Limiting sources.
For an order or blanket purchase agreement (BPA) exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold that is a follow-on to an order or BPA for the same supply or services previously issued based on a limiting sources justification citing the authority at FAR 8.405-6(a)(1)(i)(B) or (C)—
(1) The limited sources justification shall include a copy of the previous justification to assist the approval authority in determining whether the planned actions to remove any barriers that led to the restricted consideration cited on the previous justification were completed; and
(2) The approval authority shall determine whether the planned actions were completed. If the actions were not completed, the justification for the follow-on action must be approved by the approval authority one-level above the approval authority for the previous justification (see FAR 8.405-6(d)). If the previous justification was approved by the Senior Procurement Executive (SPE), the approval remains at the SPE level.
(1) When ordering from schedules, ordering offices-
(i) May use DD Form 1155, Order for Supplies or Services, to place orders for-
(A) Commercial items at or below the simplified acquisition threshold; and
(ii) Shall use SF 1449, Solicitation/Contract/Order for Commercial Items, to place orders for commercial items exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold (see FAR 12.204); and
(iii) May use SF 1449 to place orders for other than commercial items at any dollar value.
(2) Schedule orders may be placed orally if-
(i) The contractor agrees to furnish a delivery ticket for each shipment under the order (in the number of copies required by the ordering office). The ticket must include the-
(A) Contract number;
(B) Order number under the contract;
(C) Date of order;
(D) Name and title of person placing the order;
(E) Itemized listing of supplies or services furnished; and
(F) Date of delivery or shipment; and
(ii) Invoicing procedures are agreed upon. Optional methods of submitting invoices for payment are permitted, such as-
(A) An individual invoice with a receipted copy of the delivery ticket;
(B) A summarized monthly invoice covering all oral orders made during the month, with receipted copies of the delivery tickets (this option is preferred if there are many oral orders); or
(C) A contracting officer statement that the Government has received the supplies.
(3) For purchases where cash payment is an advantage, the use of imprest funds in accordance with DFARS 213.305 is authorized when-
(i) The order does not exceed the threshold at FAR 13.305-3(a); and
(ii) The contractor agrees to the procedure.
(4) If permitted under the schedule contract, use of the Governmentwide commercial purchase card--
(i) Is mandatory for placement of orders valued at or below the micro-purchase threshold; and
(ii) Is optional for placement of orders valued above the micro-purchase threshold.