« Previous | Next »
(Revised February 28, 2014)(See DFARS 251.1, DFARS/PGI view)
Use a format substantially the same as the following when authorizing contractor use of Government
Supply Sources. Specify the terms of the purchase, including contractor acceptance of any
Government materiel, payment terms, and the addresses required by paragraph (e) of the clause
at 252.251-7000, Ordering from Government Supply Sources.
SUBJECT: Authorization to Purchase from Government Supply Sources
1. You are hereby authorized to use Government sources in performing Contract No. __________________ for [insert the requiring activity’s DoD Activity Address Code (DoDAAC)], as follows: [Insert applicable purchasing authority given to the contractor.]
2.a. Purchase Orders Under Federal Supply Schedules or Personal Property Rehabilitation Price Schedules. Place orders in accordance with the terms and conditions of the attached Schedule(s) and this authorization. Attach a copy of this authorization to the order (unless a copy was previously furnished to the Federal Supply Schedule or Personal Property Rehabilitation Price Schedule contractor). Insert the following statement in the order:
b. Requisitioning from the General Services Administration (GSA) or the Department of Defense (DoD). Place orders in accordance with this authorization and, as appropriate, the following:
(1) Federal Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (FEDSTRIP) (GSA FEDSTRIP Operating Guide: FPMR 101-26.2 (41 CFR 101-26.2)). Copies are available from the Superintendent of Documents, Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402; telephone (202) 512-1800; facsimile (202) 512-2250.
(2) Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP) (DoD 4000.25-1-M). Copies are available from the Defense Logistics Agency, Administrative Support Center East, ATTN: ASCE-WS, 14 Dedication Drive, Suite 3, POD 43, New Cumberland, PA 17070-5011; telephone 1-888-DLA-PUBS(352-7827), or (717) 770-6034; facsimile (717) 770-4817.
c. Enterprise Software Initiative. Place orders in accordance with the terms and conditions of the attached Enterprise Software Agreement(s), or instructions for obtaining commercial software or software maintenance from Enterprise Software Initiative inventories, and this authorization. Attach a copy of this authorization to the order (unless a copy was previously furnished to the Enterprise Software Agreement contractor). Insert the following statement in the order:
This order is placed under written authorization from __________________________ dated___________ (*___________). In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this order, and those of the Enterprise Software Agreement, the latter will govern.
3. [Insert other provisions as necessary.]
4. This authority is not transferable or assignable.
5. The DoD Activity Address Directory (DoDAAD) (DLM 4000.25, Volume 6, Chapter 2) Activity Address Code** to which this Authorization applies is ___________.
PGI 251.102-70 Contracting office responsibilities.
(a) The DoD Activity Address Code (DoDAAC) assigned in accordance with paragraph 5 of the authorization format in PGI 251.102 (DFARS/PGI view) shall be assigned to the contractor for authorization to use Government supply sources only for the contract number cited in paragraph 1 of the authorization format.
(b) The authorization to use Government sources of supply is unique to each contract and shall not be transferred or assigned to any other contractor or contract. Therefore, the same DoDAAC shall not be assigned to any other contract number during the period of performance for the contract. After 24 months has lapsed beyond contract closeout, the DoDAAC may be reused for another contract.