Travel Form and Instructions

(For DSB Members Who Want Reimbursement of Travel Expenses)

To obtain approved orders/authorizations prior to travel, an Invitational Travel Order (ITO) request must be submitted 15 duty days in advance of the travel date. Requests shall be submitted via the automated web form below.

Carlson is the Government Travel Agency used to book all Government travel and lodging through the Defense Travel System (DTS) and is used to ensure the best Government rates available to meet your travel needs. Members are encouraged to use the Carlson services. However, if a member chooses to book their own travel, reimbursements for expenses (airfare, lodging, etc.) will be limited to the Government Rate (coach/economy class, per diem/lodging rate) OR the actual cost; the lowest cost of the two will be reimbursed. Additionally, travel agency changes or cancellations fees will not be reimbursed.

Rental cars are not authorized unless preapproved by the DSB Office.

The Government only reimburses for travel between Home of Record (HoR), TDY location, and return. If a member needs to travel from or return to another location other than HoR, the Government will reimburse the lesser of the two based upon the cost comparison of authorized GSA City Pair (estimated airfare between locations) and your proposed itinerary.

Upon completion of travel, members shall submit all receipts in PDF format within 5 business days to our Travel Coordinator (TC) Elizabeth Baxter at:


Email (required):
Task Force Name (required):
TDY Dates (mm/dd/yyyy): From:  To:
Date of Departure (mm/dd/yyyy):
Date of Return (mm/dd/yyyy):
Do you have non-DSB travel in conjunction with TDY: Yes No
From:  To:
Are you taking leave in conjunction with TDY: Yes No
From:  To:
***Please note the government does not reimburse your leave/non-DSB time or travel to and from***

Are you planning on using Carlson for your travel reservations?: Yes No
Departure City, State and Preferred Airport:
Preferred Departure Flight Time:
* For Carlson Travel Only
Destination and Preferred Airport:
Returning City, State and Preferred Airport:
Preferred Returning Flight Time:
* For Carlson Travel Only
Please check which apply: Air Fare
Per Diem
Taxis, baggage fees, etc.

If you are going to use Carlson, through DTS, DSB will select your flight reservations through DTS. Once your orders are completed with chosen flights DSB will send you your travel orders and itinerary. If the flights chosen do not work for you, you can contact Carlson at 1-800-756-6111 to change your flights. You will need to give them the record locator on the itinerary. Once you change your flights you will need to send the DSB the new flight information. The DSB will still need you to send the e-ticket receipt when your flights are finally ticketed through Carlson.

If you decide to use your own travel agent, the authorized Government rate for your reimbursement will be listed in your travel orders. You will be limited to that rate. If there is an issue with the rate amount please, contact the TC – Elizabeth Baxter at to inform her of the situation and she will assist in resolving the issue. If a member chooses to purchase a ticket over the Government authorized rate the cost difference may be the responsibility of the traveler..