T&E Competency and Development
The T&E Competency and Development (T&E C&D) team develops policies and guidance for:
- Planning, execution, and reporting of DT&E in the DoD Components.
- Integration of developmental and operational test and evaluation (in coordination with the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E)).
- DT&E planning principles and best practices.
- Development of Test and Evaluation Master Plans in conjunction with DOT&E).
- Inclusion of DT&E provisions in requests for proposals.
- DT&E approaches supporting effective reliability growth.
The T&E C&D team, along with a representative from DOT&E, co-chairs a T&E working group. This working group, composed of representatives from the DoD Components, serves as a discussion forum for T&E issues, policies, and best practices.
The T&E C&D team also leads the development of DASD(DT&E) reports to Congress.