T&E Functional Leader
The DASD(DT&E) is the career field Functional Leader for the defense acquisition T&E workforce. The T&E Competency and Development (T&E C&D) team supports the DASD(DT&E) in this role. As the Functional Leader, the DASD(DT&E):
- Serves as the subject matter expert for T&E.
- Identifies, defines, and maintains current and future competency needs of the workforce.
- Serves as the lead for workforce planning, training, and development initiatives.
- Sets the requirement for annually updating, improving, and certifying the Defense Acquisition University’s T&E course curriculum.
- Provides overarching strategic direction and guidance to the T&E Functional Integrated Product Team (FIPT).
- The T&E FIPT provides input to the T&E workforce learning asset and training requirements, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification standards, and related workforce professional development activities.
- Represents the T&E functional community on the Defense Acquisition Workforce Senior Steering Board chaired by the USD(AT&L).
- Establishes and maintains specific requirements for the Chief Developmental Tester, as well as chairs and governs the annual T&E Key Leadership Position Joint Qualification Board.