Due to a re-organization of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the directorates previously listed as part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy, Installations and Environment have been re-structured under the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment. The offices have been renamed as follows:
The menu on the right hand side of this page is still live and will connect to the old web pages temporarily, but the new webpages to align with the new organizational structure are being prepared.
MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW SOON.
Commander in Chief's (CinC) Annual Award for Installation Excellence
Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
DoD Announces Winners of the 2020 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
The Department has honored installations, teams, and individuals each year since 1962 for outstanding achievements in DoD environmental programs. The Military Services and Defense Agencies may submit one nomination for each of the nine award categories. A diverse panel of 54 judges from federal and state agencies, academia, and the private sector evaluated 30 nominations to help determine the 2020 winners. The nine winners are:
- Natural Resources Conservation, Small Installation: Fort Custer Training Center, Michigan Army National Guard
- Natural Resources Conservation, Individual/Team: Conservation-Training Enhancement Team, Camp Ripley, Minnesota Army National Guard
- Environmental Quality, Non-Industrial Installation: Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, California
- Environmental Quality, Individual/Team: Environmental Information Management System Team, U.S. Fleet Forces Command, Virginia
- Sustainability, Industrial Installation: Naval Base Kitsap, Washington
- Environmental Restoration, Installation: Camp Edwards, Joint Base Cape Cod, Massachusetts Army National Guard
- Environmental Restoration, Individual/Team: Vieques Environmental Restoration Team, Puerto Rico
- Cultural Resources Management, Large Installation: Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake, California
- Environmental Excellence in Weapon System Acquisition, Large Program: F-35 Joint Program Office, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
Additional information on the Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards, including past winners, can be found at: www.denix.osd.mil/awards.