Due to a re-organization of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the directorates previously listed as part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy, Installations and Environment have been re-structured under the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment. The offices have been renamed as follows:
The menu on the right hand side of this page is still live and will connect to the old web pages temporarily, but the new webpages to align with the new organizational structure are being prepared.
MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW SOON.
Commander in Chief's (CinC) Annual Award for Installation Excellence
Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
DoD Announces Winners of the 2019 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
The Department has honored installations, teams, and individuals each year since 1962 for their outstanding achievements in innovative and cost-effective environmental management strategies that successfully support mission readiness. The Military Services and Defense Agencies may submit one nomination for each of the nine award categories. A diverse panel of 58 judges from federal and state agencies, academia, and the private sector evaluated 32 nominations to help determine the 2019 winners. The nine winners are:
Additional information on the Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards, including past winners, can be found at: www.denix.osd.mil/awards.
- Natural Resources Conservation, Large Installation: Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
- Environmental Quality, Industrial Installation: Wisconsin Army National Guard
- Environmental Quality, Overseas Installation: Marine Corps Base Camp Smedley D. Butler, Okinawa, Japan
- Sustainability, Non-Industrial Installation: Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, California
- Sustainability, Individual/Team: East Campus Reclaimed Water Team, National Security Agency, Fort Meade, Maryland
- Environmental Restoration, Installation: Naval Base Ventura County, California
- Cultural Resources Management, Small Installation: Washington Army National Guard
- Cultural Resources Management, Individual/Team: Ms. Rita McCarty, Mississippi Army National Guard
- Environmental Excellence in Weapon System Acquisition, Small Program: Tagnite Technical Working Group, U.S. Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland