Due to a re-organization of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the directorates previously listed as part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy, Installations and Environment have been re-structured under the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment. The offices have been renamed as follows:
The menu on the right hand side of this page is still live and will connect to the old web pages temporarily, but the new webpages to align with the new organizational structure are being prepared.
MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW SOON.
Commander in Chief's (CinC) Annual Award for Installation Excellence
Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
DoD Announces Winners of the 2021 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards
The Department has honored installations, teams, and individuals each year since 1962 for outstanding achievements in DoD environmental programs. The Military Services and Defense Agencies may submit one nomination for each of the eight award categories. A diverse panel of 47 judges from Federal and state agencies, academia, and the private sector evaluated 27 nominations to help determine the 2021 winners. The eight winners are:
- Natural Resources Conservation, Large Installation: Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
- Environmental Quality, Industrial Installation: Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton, California
- Environmental Quality, Overseas Installation: Yokota Air Base, Japan
- Sustainability, Non-Industrial Installation: U.S. Army Garrison Fort Polk, Louisiana
- Sustainability, Individual/Team: Naval Supply Systems Command, Weapon Systems Support, Pennsylvania
- Environmental Restoration, Installation: Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina
- Cultural Resources Management, Small Installation: Naval Base Point Loma, California
- Cultural Resources Management, Individual/Team: Mr. Thomas E. Penders, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida
Additional information on the Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards, including past winners, can be found at: www.denix.osd.mil/awards.