Throughout the COVID-19 public health emergency, the JATF has provided assisted acquisition support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). As part of that support, the JATF has used an industry portal and a Commercial Solutions Opening to solicit concepts from industry in support of domestic industrial capacity for COVID-19 response priorities, as outlined by HHS.
Thank you for your ongoing interest in the government’s COVID-19 response efforts. At this time, DoD is not currently supporting a specific requirement from HHS for assisted acquisition. We encourage companies to monitor the HHS Broad Agency Announcement website and beta.SAM.gov for ongoing government requirements. Any updates to the JATF’s assisted acquisition efforts for HHS will be updated on this website.
Domestic PPE Requirements Virtual Information Day
On July 14 and 15 the Department of Defense’s COVID-19 Joint Acquisition Task Force (JATF) hosted a virtual information day on personal protective equipment (PPE). The JATF, with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the Joint Staff, the Office of Industrial Policy, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Veterans Administration, the White House Supply Chain Advisory Group, the National Association of Manufacturers, and the Healthcare Industry Distributors Associations, discussed current and future demand for PPE and what can be done to support long-term domestic production of these critical medical resources. A recording of the event and presentation materials were provided to registered participants.
- DOD Awards $481 Million Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) to Cue Health to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of Point-of-Care Testing
- DOD Awards $6.98 Million Firm-Fixed Price Contract Action to Teel Plastics, LLC to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of Swabsticks for COVID-19 Testing Swabs
- DOD and HHS Award $20 Million Contract to On Demand Pharmaceuticals to Develop Domestic Production of Critical Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- DOD Awards Contracts for COVID-19 Disposable Isolation Gowns
- DOD Awards Contracts for COVID-19 Reusable Isolation Gowns
- DOD Awards Goldbelt Security, LLC, $125 Million in Support of National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy
- DOD Awards $10 Million Undefinitized Contract Action to Copan Industries, Inc. to Establish Domestic Production Capacity of Flock Tip Testing Swabs
- DOD Awards $750,000 for Manufacturing of Convalescent Plasma Products in Support of the U.S. COVID-19 Response
- DOD Awards $104 Million for Procurement of Syringes in Support of U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign
- DOD Announces Contract for 250,000 Curative Inc. COVID-19 Test Kits
- DOD and HHS Invest $24.3M in Becton, Dickinson and Company to Establish and Expand Production of SARS-CoV-2 Assays for BD Veritor™ Devices
- DOD Awards $51.15 Million Undefinitized Contract Action to Puritan Medical Products Company LLC to Increase Domestic Production Capacity of Flock Tip Testing Swabs
- DOD, HHS Award $7.6 Million Contract to Hologic, Inc. to Expand Domestic Production of Custom Sample Collection & Processing Consumables for COVID-19 Tests
- DOD Awards $2.75 Million Contract to NPS to Increase Domestic Production of Meltblown Fiber
- DOD Awards $3.5 Million Contract to Crosstex International, Inc. to Increase Domestic Production of Surgical Masks
- Nitrile beutadine rubber (NBR) gloves production
- DOD Awards $13.5 Million Contract to Lydall, Inc. to Increase Domestic Production of Meltblown Filtration Media
- DOD, DFC Sign Memorandum of Agreement on Defense Production Act
- DOD Announces Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 PPE Project: $2.2 Million Investment Will Increase U.S. Domestic Production of N95 Mask Respirator and Mask Ventilator Filter Production by Over 30 Million Combined Over the Next 120 Days
- DOD Awards $134 Million Contract, Providing Personal Protective Equipment For Medical Personnel At 15,000 Nursing Homes
- DOD Awards $138 Million Contract, Enabling Prefilled Syringes for Future COVID-19 Vaccine
- DOD Awards $126 Million Contract to 3M, Increasing Production of N95 Masks
- DOD Details $75 Million Defense Production Act Title 3 Puritan Contract
- DOD Details $133 Million Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 Project
- Undersecretary Of Defense (A&S) Provides Update on DOD COVID-19 Response Efforts
- DOD Contract for 60 N95 Critical Care Decontamination Units: $415M Contract, Each Unit Can Decontaminate 80K N95 Masks Per Day
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health: 3D Print Exchange
- DoD's Office of Industrial Policy contains resources for defense industrial base companies and other stakeholders as they navigate the complexities associated with COVID-19.
- FEMA's How to Help contains information for organizations and individual citizens with PPE or other donations.
- White House COVID-19 Task Force
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Information
- Defense Logistics Agency
- US Small Business Administration: Pay Check Protection Program
- Food & Drug Administration Policy for Diagnostic Tests for COVID-19 (during the Public Health Emergency)