OSD FELLOWS PROGRAM BENEFITS
How does the Fellows Program benefit me?
Individuals can expect to find improved opportunities for career advancement, and:
How does the Fellows Program benefit my organization?
- Gain valuable insight into policy development and the coordination process
- Increase breadth of logistics knowledge and of the inner workings of the DoD's maintenance,
materiel readiness, supply, and transportation systems
- Meet and share knowledge and experiences with logistics professionals across the DoD
- Improve management, communication, and collaboration skills
Sponsoring organizations will gain a more agile and skilled logistics professional who can:
How does the Fellows Program benefit the Logistics Community?
- Bring new perspectives and ideas back to the organization
- Coordinate and resolve Defense maintenance, material readiness, supply, and transportation issues at a
strategic level while taking into account the DoD's unique and combined requirements
The DoD logistics community as a whole will gain:
- Future leaders who approach issues with a broader strategic perspective
- Improved overall maintenance, material readiness, supply, and transportation management with fewer
"stovepipe" decisions and more coordinated, holistic approaches to policies,
programs, and procedures