The Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics, under the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment, is responsible for the department's logistics strategy and policy, supply, storage and distribution, property and equipment, transportation, and program support.
Drive warfighting readiness and lethality through efficient and effective operation and improvement of the Joint Logistics Enterprise.
A resilient and agile, best-in-class logistics force delivering cost-efficient readiness to improve lethality while constantly innovating to out-pace our adversaries.
- Facilitate improvement of operations and readiness through focused policy, guidance, and governance.
- Lead the development and provide oversight of DOD logistics and Operational Contract Support (OCS) policies.
- Monitor and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the logistics enterprise throughappropriate metrics.
- Improve visibility, accountability, and control of all critical assets.
- Support auditability of the logistics enterprise.
Leigh E. Method, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics and serves as the principal advisor to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment. In this position, she is responsible for the Department’s logistics strategy and policy, supply, storage and distribution, property and equipment, transportation, and program support. Her portfolio includes oversight of $100 billion of inventory and inventory management practices, $2 billion in airlift and transportation programs as well as direction for operational contract support, non-tactical vehicles, equipment and materiel management policies. She assumed her current position in April 2020.
>>READ FULL BIOGRAPHY