ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATION
- Establish strategic supply chain governance and reporting.
- Oversee integration of end-to-end global logistics and supply chain performance.
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Supply Chain Integration (DASD[SCI]),
serves as the most senior level executive responsible in the development and direction of
the defense wide Supply Chain Integration functions. In this role, the DASD(SCI):
- Integrated solutions for inventory management that are managerially and technically sound and
adequately resourced to provide desired levels of readiness to support to the warfighter.
- Actionable policies that deliver efficient, sustainable, cost-effective end-to-end supply
- Serves as the Executive Secretary for Joint Logistics Board (JLB).
- Chairs the Supply Chain Executive Steering Committee (SCESC) consisting of flag-level representatives
from the Joint Staff, Military Departments, Defense Agencies and Combatant Commands.
- Co-chairs the Logistics Functional Capabilities Board (FCB) with Joint Staff J-4.
- Represents L&MR on AT&L Investment Review Board (IRB) for Weapons Systems Lifecycle Management
and Materiel Supply and Service Management.
- Represents L&MR in the business Major Automated Information (MAIS) process.
- Supports International Logistics Cooperation partnerships with Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.