Human Performance Training and Biosystems Directorate:
Medical Research & Engineering
Ensure that the DoD's medical R&E program is coordinated across the Components and optimally prioritized to expediently deliver world class medical care for the warfighter from the point of injury through the recovery, rehabilitation and re-integration phases of medical care.
Maintain a working knowledge/awareness of current issues, progress and state-of-the-science in the militarily-relevant disciplines of emergency medicine, trauma, surgery, rehabilitation, epidemiology of injury and disease toward the goal of identifying capability gaps and tracking progress toward closing those gaps within the Department's RDT&E community and in collaboration with the civilian R&D community.
- Executive Secretary of the Armed Services Biomedical Research Evaluation and Management (ASBREM) Committee and Chair of ASBREM Secretariat.
- Interagency coordination (National Science Foundation, Institute of Medicine, Office of Science Technology and Policy, Food & Drug Administration, Veteran's Administration).
- DoD representative on the Microbe Project Interagency Working Group of (NSTC).
- Participate in Component medical review panels (Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP), Telemedicine Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC), Board member Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI).
- Advisory Board Member for DARPA's Micro/Nano Fluidics Fundamentals Focus (MF3) Center.
- ASD(R&E)/RD rep for AHLTA and TMIP-J and Electronic Health Record MAIS programs focusing on TRAs.
- Review SBIR medical topics.
- Perform other medically-related direct replies, medically related CFIUS case reviews, coordination of medically related Directives, Instructions and DTM's.